Sunday, 27 November 2011

Some things need to be made a priority.


Writing – 0
Life – 1

There are clearly times when I will have to put my writing behind other important tasks.  Some may say that this is a copout, that if I was truly committed to this task that I would find a way to write regardless.  I say, if I can’t find balance in my life then I am failing as a human being.

I would much rather be known as a failed writer than a failed person.

Okay, maybe this post has started off a little too melodramatic.  Things are actually pretty good for me right now.  In fact, I have been writing every day for the last week and a half.  It just wasn’t my fiction work. 

You see, while I may be a fictional writer of stories, I am also a graduate student completing my Masters of Education.  I am currently enrolled in the final course of my program (I went with a course-based program and not thesis-based) and it is currently coming to a close.  Thus I spent the last week researching and writing the final required paper for the course.  So I have now finished the last assignment of the last course in my MEd, which means I can put another important feather in my cap!

This of course means that I will have a significant increase in the amount time available to engage in my creative writing.

On that front, I have had an interesting opportunity present itself … but I’ll tell you more about it next week.

1 comment: